Monday, September 28, 2009

Lefties Never Fear!

Up until about a month ago, I did not invest much in assembling left handed test clubs.......because I had no left handed clients.


Well, that has changed - I will be doing an iron fitting fairly soon for a left handed player. I asked some of my AGCP buddies what left handed iron heads they recommend and they provided some good options. By the end of the week I will have 5 left handed 6 iron test heads that I can use with all of the present set of test shafts that I have built.


The heads came from Infiniti Golf, Bang Golf, Wishon Golf, and Hireko Golf. All are very reputable club component companies (they do NOT make knock off club heads....). The Infiniti head is their Assure head....very forgiving and in fact the head that I play (I need all of the forgiveness I can get!). The other heads all look great and I think will be good options for future left handed clients.


Because I use the Club Conex (tm) FAZ FIT hosel and shaft connectors, all of the test shafts that I made up for use for right handed players will work just as well for left handed players. So I will be able to test for club length, shaft flex, shaft type (graphite or steel) and shaft weight - in a similar way as can be done for right handed players.


I do not expect Mr. Leftie (Phil Michelson, who won this weekend...) will be knocking on my door soon................but I look forward to being able to more easily fit left handed players.


COMING SOON......2 weeks from tonight, annual AGCP Roundtable. It is going to be the best yet, can't wait!


Tony

No comments: