Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What - NO GOLF?

My wife and I are in Hawaii......I am writing this at 10:20 pm Kauai time, which is 4:20 am Oak Ridge time.

She is amazed that I am not interested this week in playing golf.....well, we DID go to the Poipu Bay course where many of the Grand Slam of Golf events have been played, and we DID get me a new golf shirt and hat there....but actually that is enough for this week. We have had a great time seeing the sites here.........and so golf can rest for a week......

I WILL share one club info. thing I learned last week.......related to Mr. Tiger and what he is playing. There was an article in Golf World that talked about what was in his bag for his win at Bay Hill a week or so ago. I was very interested to learn that he is playing a 15 degree 3 wood and a 19 degree 5 wood. Since I just made myself new fairway woods of the same loft, I was a little surprised at first......but to me these fairway wood lofts make a lot of sense. I think....though cannot confirm....that he uses these lofts so that he can land his bomber fairway wood shots softly on greens...... May or may not be true, but makes sense to me.

Tiger's fairway wood loft choice also cements in my mind that playing fairway wood lofts less than this make little sense for us mortals. More likely many of not all players would play better with 15 and maybe even 16 degree or higher loft 3 woods.

BUT.....for now, back to Kauai!!


Tony

No comments: