Monday, April 20, 2009

What are your clubs REALLY like?

After being mostly on vacation for about 2 weeks I enjoyed doing some specs for a set of clubs that I will be reshafting soon. I think it must be the engineer in me, but I enjoy measuring club specifications to see if they are really what people think they are.


Tonight was not really a night of surprises - because the clubs that I evaluated had been built by a very talented clubfitter and clubbuilder - so I was not at all surprised to see that they have very consistent swingweights and club flexes. It was a pleasure to confirm what I expected, that these are a very well built set of clubs.


I think that all golfers - particularly those who play at least once a week - deserve to really know what the specs of their clubs are. The best time to have this done is when players have their clubs regripped - because the most accurate measurements of club flexes can be made without grips on the clubs. It does not take a lot of time to measure club lengths, weights, swingweights, MOI, and club flex - and learning what these are can sometimes show a player why he or she has a problem with a specific club.


So I make this offer to those of you who read this blog and are in need of club regripping. If you have me regrip your clubs and mention that you have read this note on my blog, I will provide you with specs for your clubs at no additional cost - through the end of May.


Happy golfing - once it stops raining!!


Tony

No comments: