Monday, April 13, 2009

The BEST Kind of Golf!

I have been fortunate the past few days to get to play golf on Kiawah Island in South Carolina with three of my best friends. One of them has a beautiful place here and asked me to come last year but I could not.......but I have REALLY had a good time here. I do not play as much golf as I did before I started my clubfitting business, and 3 days in a row is a real treat.


But the best treat is getting to spend time with your best friends, catching up on families, beating each other up on the golf course. To me playing with friends is one of the great attractions and benefits of golf. It has been a great time. I cannot say I have played the best golf.....and the courses are tough here......but it has been a wonderful release from the day job world.


One of my buddies - are you reading this post since I gave you my business card? - plays great golf with Ping clubs that are about 8 years old. I am hopeful that he is going to really look into getting some new wedges - spin milled faces - and I think if he does he will see some great improvements in his short game. I know I have talked about these in the past, but they are a treat to play - being able to stop wedge shots on greens easily, even short wedge shots, is pretty darn easy with these types of heads.


NOW..........maybe that illusive first hole in one will happen tomorrow.......??


Tony

No comments: