Monday, July 4, 2011

The Club Fitting Details MATTER!

Last week I noted that I had done an iron fitting and was rebuilding a set of OEM irons with KBS Tour S flex taper tip shafts. The player has been VERY pleased with the way these clubs are performing for him. These clubs were "MOI Matched" - this type of weight matching would not have been done if the player had sent the clubs back to the manufacturer for reshafting.


It is interesting to contrast these results with a request I received this week. A player from out of state asked me to provide a price quote to build a set of clubs for him. He said he had a fitting done and provided me some of the specs he had from the fitting.


Perhaps some might jump at this opportunity, but my view is that this would not be the right thing to do to get optimal results for the player. Great club performance results come the total package - doing a fitting that identifies the best club performance parameters, and then building the clubs to those exact specifications. Over and over, results from my clients show that this attention to detail matters.


The Fit Is IT!

Tony

No comments: