Monday, March 14, 2011

Turning Down Business ??

Today I talked with a potential new client, actually someone who lives within a mile from my house.


I mentioned to him that I will be spending some time soon with Dana Upshaw, one of the best 2 or 3 clubfitters in the world (my opinion....) - he offered to let me come to his shop and learn as much as I can from him about how he does clubfitting and club building.


So I asked if this new client wanted me to work with him before I visit Dana - and he said "why would I do that, why not wait until you learn more?" I realized - I never thought of that - and it made great sense!!


Part of the fun and excitement of clubfitting is the opportunity to continue to learn new ways of doing things better. Most weeks there are at least 2 or 3 new things I learn from the AGCP web forum, and each time it is a pleasure to learn from the best.


Tony

No comments: