Monday, November 15, 2010

4 of My Favorites!

Four of my favorite suppliers of great golf components are Tom Wishon Golf, Kent Sports (Alpha golf heads), SK Fiber shafts, and Infiniti golf heads. Today they were all part of my efforts to build some new clubs.....


1. This weekend I brought Des Mahoney, the teaching pro I partner with, two new 6 irons to test. These used Wishon Superlight steel shafts - I had rebuilt his irons about a year ago and he wanted to compare his older clubs with two newer clubheads. So I built two new clubs to exactly the same specs as the 6 iron I built for him a year ago. Today I ordered 11 more of these shafts to use to assemble new clubs with the head he chose from the testing.

I also ordered a demo wedge head from Wishon today - the wide sole lob wedge. A great option for a player who wants some help getting out of sand traps.


2. Today I also ordered some Alpha Response Offset fairway woods - 18 and 21 degrees - and an Alpha Response offset hybrid - 25 degrees - to build for a client who needs some help closing the clubface easily.


3. I nearly completed building a new Infiniti Assure gap wedge for a client who needed a distance option between his pitching wedge and sand wedge. This is one of my favorite heads, particularly for someone who loves who likes to play a club with a wide sole.


4. Finally, for the Alpha fairway woods and the Assure gap wedge I am using SK Fiber VIP and TT 80 graphite shafts. The great thing about these is the consistency of them in terms of buildin frequency matched club sets.


All of these companies make the highest quality golf heads and shafts - easy to build with and designed to produce great golf results.


Tony

No comments: