Monday, August 17, 2009

Ah Tiger!

Now, I have to admit that I did not get to watch all of the PGA tournament yesterday. But I did see the start of the round and the last hole, and in between was calling my golf buddy for an update.


Y. E. Yang was amazing and the shot he hit over the tree on 18 was one that I think could only be hit by someone who was totally relaxed in his game. He deserved to win yesterday.


But I come out of the weekend having an even greater appreciation for Tiger and his talents, and I also believe that this loss is going to bring even greater success for him in the future.


How many of us - other than the money - would want to be Tiger? The totally unrealistic expectations, the fact that he is always under the spotlight? Few if any of us could handle what he has to go through every day.


I think he will come out an even better player in future majors......this loss might actually be what allows him to win a Grand Slam some time in the future. He no longer has the "what if I lose when I am ahead in the final round?" weight on his back..... If anything I believe he will look back and see the value in finally losing from the front. And maybe it will help him get the other weight off his back - to be able to come from behind in the final round of a major.....


I can't wait to see what happens next!


Tony

No comments: