Monday, January 12, 2009

Those Great "Year End" Specials on OEM Drivers?

I continue to find it interesting when I get emails from different suppliers of OEM golf clubs advertising their year end driver specials.

At the same time, all of us are now seeing advertisements for the new great innovations in drivers - the coming 2009 models.

I guess all of this makes me want to pose a question......if that great driver from a year ago is now marked down by $100 to $200, what does that really mean? Does it mean that driver was not really worth the $399 (and sometimes more!) that players paid for it when purchased early in 2008?

If companies have to keep coming out with the "new greatest thing since sliced bread" to justify charging $399 for a driver at the beginning of the year, maybe that driver is not all that great for every golfer. Something to consider when you make your next driver purchase!


AND.....continuing the thread that I shared a few blog posts ago, today I received my February 2009 issue of Golf Magazine, and it had club specs for Camilo Villegas. Not unlike Stuart Appleby, Camilo plays a 44 inch length driver, and he plays a 3 wood that has 15.5 degrees of loft. I will continue to keep posting this data from Golf Magazine as I receive it, but that 44 inch driver length just keeps showing up!!


Tony

No comments: